Hi,

I have some large data sets in the Cosmo format that I'd like to visualize with
ParaView, but the format is slightly different from that expected by the
built-in CosmoReader.  Because the data sets I have use a very large number of
particles, they use a 64bit int for the ID tag, rather than the 32bit expected
by the reader.   Looking at the source code for the reader (and HaloFinder) I
see that there is an #ifdef ID_64, which if I understand correctly will compile
the code using 64 bits for the particle IDs, just as I need.  So my first
question is, is this understanding correct? If so, how do I configure ParaView
to build with the ID_64 defined?  Is there some place that I need to add
-DID_64 when running ccmake?  Also, I assume this means that it will then only
read datasets with the 64bit IDs.  I do also have some data sets that use the
standard 32bit ID format.  I was hoping there would be a way (via the GUI
perhaps) to specify the precision of the IDs, and use the same e
 xecutable, rather than maintain two builds of ParaView to accommodate the two
cosmo formats.

Any insight on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
joe.