The RenderView.CameraParallelScale does it I believe. At least, that's what
popped out of my trace awhile back and it seems to zoom in.

Tim

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alastair McKinstry" <alastair.mckins...@ichec.ie>
To: paraview@paraview.org
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:51:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Paraview] Scaling up 3-D area in screenshots

On 2011-09-22 15:48, Tim Gallagher wrote:
> The best way to learn what variables/functions to use is to turn on the
> Python Trace feature in the GUI, change what you want to change, then see
> what the trace says.
>
> In this instance, pull up something to look at, turn on the trace, zoom in,
> then turn off the trace and it will show you how to do the same thing in
> python.
>
> Tim
Thanks, thats been my modus operandi until now, and it appears that the
"view" variables for the camera viewpoint
are whats needed; they are the only ones listed as changed in the
trace.  But no matter how I change them in the script, it still seems to
take up the middle half of the image only (i am appending screenshots to
make an animation, and its very annoying).

- Alastair

Regards,
Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry ,  Computational Scientist<alastair.mckins...@ichec.ie>
ICHEC, Room 301, IT Building NUI Galway,  Galway , Ireland