Hello,

I have a question about the source distribution of 3.12.0 RC-2.   I understand
from a message from Utkarsh back in August that the way that version numbers
are determined has changed, and now requires a call to "git describe".  After
downloading the source tarball from
http://paraview.org/files/v3.12/ParaView-3.12.0-RC2.tar.gz, my attempt to build
failed, apparently while attempting to call git describe.  So, my question is,
will git now become a dependency for building release versions of ParaView?  Or
is this call currently still in there because this is still just a release
candidate, and not yet an official release?

Thanks,
joe.