Hi, Pat.

You're right. When the print comes from inside a programmable filter, the output goes to the Output Messages, and when I print from the macro, the output goes to the Python Shell.

I had thought that, within a programmable filter,

  print "something"

was going to the Output Messages, and

  print "something", mylist

was going to the Python Shell,  but I am not able to reproduce this.

Thanks for solving the mystery!

Greg