Sharing my experience :

I tried to do the same with the Paraview 3.12 32 bits binary release -->
same issue.
So I came back to the 3.10.1 32bits release, that I know it worked on
windows XP. It works again on windows 7.

Yet, all my tools, that require the import of scipy.signal among others,
are working well, but on the 3.10.1 release...
I will stay on that version, waiting for some advice in order to understand
where does the problem come from with the 3.12.

Bests regards,

A.Marsan