Thank you for your replays.

I think I am using the same configurations used to build ParaView 3.12
but when I try to load a plugin using ParaView 3.12 (that I downloaded
from paraview website) I get the following error:

ERROR: In
..\..\..\..\source\ParaViewCore\ClientServerCore\vtkPVPluginLoader.cxx,
line 342
vtkPVPluginLoader (000000000C2F35A0): Mismatch in versions:
ParaView Signature: paraviewplugin|MSVC|3.12
Plugin Signature: paraviewplugin||3.12

MSVC is missing in the plugin signature. Any idea why ? I am using
visual studio 2008.

Thanks.