So I checked both the VTK tecplot reader and the VisIt tecplot reader with
the file and both failed for the following reasons:

Neither support the ZONETYPE of FEBRICK, While both of them support the
BRICK format it seems that FEBRICK and BRICK are not the same and this new
case would need to be added.

Neither of the readers properly handle comments inside a tecplot file,
which this file contains.

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Gardner, William Payton <wpga...@sandia.gov
> wrote:

>  I’ve attached a tecplot finite element ascii file (wellosm.tec) I’m
> trying to read into Paraview.  When I read it in I get the following errors…
>
> ERROR: In ..\..\..\..\source\VTK\IO\vtkTecplotReader.cxx, line 1884
> vtkTecplotReader (0000000012BF5D30):
> C:\Users\wpgardn\Documents\tutorials\Paraview\wellosm.tec: The record type
> # found in the file is unknown.
> ERROR: In ..\..\..\..\source\VTK\IO\vtkTecplotReader.cxx, line 1884
> vtkTecplotReader (0000000012BF5D30):
> C:\Users\wpgardn\Documents\tutorials\Paraview\wellosm.tec: The record type
> X found in the file is unknown.
> ERROR: In ..\..\..\..\source\VTK\IO\vtkTecplotReader.cxx, line 1884
> vtkTecplotReader (0000000012BF5D30):
> C:\Users\wpgardn\Documents\tutorials\Paraview\wellosm.tec: The record type
> 0.0000000000000000 found in the file is unknown.
>
> And it goes on to list every field in the data file.  My thought is that
> it’s something in the header.  Here’s a copy of the header for a quick
> glance:
>
> TITLE = "Well mean age problem                                       "
> TITLE = "December 13, 2005                                           "
> VARIABLES = "X", "Y", "Z", "Zone","Head","Mean
> age"
>
> ZONE  T=" 1.0000000000E+20", DATAPACKING=BLOCK, N=    243, E=    128,
> ZONETYPE=FEBRICK, VARLOCATION=([
> 4]=CELLCENTERED)
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,