It turns out that the contour is computing scalars for all of the scalars except the one that it contoured on. If you only make one contour, then you might say that this is not an issue, but when you make multiple contours with the same filter you may want to color them by the value used to make the contour. In version 3.10, it would also compute the scalar for the value you contoured by when you clicked the button.

So I guess the bug is that 3.12 does not pass through the scalar value for the scalar you contoured by. If it did that, then we'd not need to push the button.

Thanks,
Russ