very cool!

On 08/22/2012 10:52 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
Burlen,

I have a topic on "next" named "fix_msvc_assert_dialogs" that hopefully fixes this issue. It's suppossed to suppress the dialog when running tests through ctest.

commit 691f44a7032b4aaacfd4dcfd2c63cf15a6fc2895
Author: Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayac...@kitware.com>
Date:   Mon Aug 20 14:42:50 2012 -0400

    Avoid showing up assert dialogs on Windows.

    Hopefully this does the trick.

Utkarsh

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Burlen Loring <blor...@lbl.gov> wrote:
Hi,

On a windows debug build when running dashboards the following invalid access is reported. Unfortunately ms visual studio 10 express intercepts the crash with a dialog box the test times out and doesn't leave any useful info in the dashboard report. Any one know how to get msvc express 2010 to generate a stack trace? Short of re-defining assert, all documentation I've found is for the pro version and doesn't seem to work on express.

Burlen