Are you assuming we are always running in parallel on the cluster?  I find that
Paraview for some reason complains when run in serial if you compile it with
MPI.  So currently I'm doing four builds, opengl, osmesa, opengl-mpi,
osmesa-mpi.  It's a PITA but now it's all automated.  Still I think it's
confusing for our users.

I'm also personally unsure about where there is a switch for
"--use-offscreen-rendering."  If I compile with OSMesa, I'm always going to
want that, right?  And if OpenGL, I'm always going to disable that, right?  Why
is there a command line switch for that?

It does sound like yes, pvservers will render to graphics cards in parallel so
that's good to know.

Thanks!
-- Rich

--
✐Richard Cook
✇ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory