On 12/18/2012 11:23 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
I am not familiar with wxpython, so not sure what might be the issues
you're running into to. However, just to answer your question about
Python version shipped with ParaView, it is not a modified version, we
directly build from source and package the generated binaries. For
information about which version was packaged, refer to
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_Binaries.

If things are working in pvpython and not with the GUI, my guess is
that it has something to do with event loops. ParaView has the Qt
event loop always active and the Python shell is indeed running in the
same main thread, FWIW.

Utkarsh
Dear Utkarsh,

thanks for your quick answer. You may be right concerning why pvpython works while the GUI fails. I will give a try with PyQt4. Given the small size of my macros, it is worth trying to port it on PyQt4. Concerning PyQt4, I have the same question as for wxpython. PyQt4 is not shipped by default with paraview. I guess that I have also to install it in C:\Program Files (x86)\ParaView 3.98.0\lib\paraview-3.98\site-packages.
Right ?

thanks a lot for your help

Eric