Hello,

I am trying to use PV for the first time in parallel. I have some basic
questions.

I have installed PV 3.98 from source on my local machine (Mac OSX). I don't
have the root permissions for the remote system I want to use for
visaulization. So I installed the binary form of PV 3.98 on the remote system.
I set up the server on that machine using the command:

$mpiexec -n 4 pvserver --use-offscreen-rendering

And then I am trying to connect to this server from the PV on my Mac. But it is
giving me the following error:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: In
/Users/pradeep/softwares/ParaView/VTK/Parallel/Core/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx,
line 812
vtkSocketCommunicator (0x7f953c4cee30): Could not receive tag. 1010580540

ERROR: In
/Users/pradeep/softwares/ParaView/VTK/Parallel/Core/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx,
line 561
vtkSocketCommunicator (0x7f953c4cee30): Endian handshake failed.

ERROR: In
/Users/pradeep/softwares/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Core/vtkTCPNetworkAccessManager.cxx,
 line 332
vtkTCPNetworkAccessManager (0x7f953b63aa30): Failed to connect to
localhost:11150. Client-Server Handshake failed. Please verify that the client
and server versions are compatible with each other

ERROR: In
/Users/pradeep/softwares/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/Core/vtkSMSessionClient.cxx,
 line 253
vtkSMSessionClient (0x7f9539ca3f50): Some error in socket processing.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Also, this remote system has 16 processors. But for bigger jobs, I can submit a
job on a cluster using this remote system using a shell script where it can use
over 100 processors. But I cannot install anything on this cluster. Can I use
this remote cluster for using paraview faster?

The structure is something like this: Mac ---> Remote system (16 processors)
----> Cluster with over 100 nodes.

Thanks,
Pradeep