Hi Guys, this one seems to have fallen through the cracks . at least as of 3.98.1

0013887 <http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=13887> TBD incorrect functionality backlog spurious render triggered from auto-generated line edits in display panel
        2013-02-17

On 10/20/2012 7:51 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
I agree this is an issue. I think in the past for display properties
we relived on editingFinished(), I believe that could be a reasonable
choice still for properties under the display "Section". For the
non-display section, we could still use the current signal, or even if
we change that to editingFinished(), I wonder if that'd be a major
issue. Kyle?

Utkarsh