I'm using the Probe Location filter to extract data from a 3D CFD solution for an internal flow, and I'm not getting the data that I should be for some (but not all) of the points. The dataset is approximately 7 million nodes saved in Ensight format.

I'm comparing the data returned by Paraview to the data at the same locations in FieldView. For licensing reasons, I would prefer to use Paraview for this research, but I also need accurate solutions.

For two representative probe locations, I have the following results:
x       y       z       pv_density  fv_density  pv_pressure fv_pressure
0.3912 -0.0376 -0.0566 0.9040 0.9040 67779.9 67779.9 0.3912 -0.0426 -0.0516 0.8275 0.8623 65849.0 66176.3

The first point matches precisely between Paraview and FieldView. However, the second point is substantially different. In addition, the velocity at point two is {0,0,0} indicating that the point is on the boundary, though it is not actually.

Looking at color plots in Paraview, the color under the point location clearly matches the numbers from FieldView. I've uploaded plots showing pressure in the plane containing the two locations here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/744216/probe1.png
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/744216/probe2.png

The values are wrong for points that are close to the boundary, and match FieldView for points away from the boundary. I have also tried importing the locations from a CSV file and using the Resample Dataset and get the same values.

Can anyone shed light on why this is happening?