I recently tried using paraview (3.98.0 and 3.98.1) on a new iMac running
mountain lion (10.8.2 originally, now 10.8.3) and the graphics performance is
slower than my old macbook pro laptop (running mac os x 10.7).  I tested the
same data file (ply format) on both machines, and the laptop interaction is
faster despite the fact that the iMac's graphics card is newer and should be
faster.  My laptop has an AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 1024Mb  of memory while the
iMac was outfitted with the "better" NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX with 2048Mb
memory.  I also tested the identical data file on a couple different linux
desktops and they all outperformed the iMac, even though the iMac offers the
better graphics performance on paper.

Has anyone had any issues running paraview on the latest Mac OS X (mountain
lion)?

-James