It appears to me that the biggest issue in supporting the Oculus Rift would be that they use an optical distortion for the left and right eye (to achieve a bit of a fish eye type effect). Thus I don't think just displaying a left/right eye view (like one does now with Paraview on flat screen stereo displays) would be sufficient. It seems like you need to go through their API for the distortion...

Integrating their head tracking into Paraview might be a bit tricky as well...

Brian