Hi Pat,

If I do that, I get an error "The application cannot be opened because its
executable is missing.". When I have a look at the Info.plist file, it contains
the lines

<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>paraview</string>

and <builddir>/bin/paraview.app/Contents/MacOS has a "paraview" executable. Any
idea what the reason could be?

Michael

P.S.: As I already noted on "Paraview-developers] Problems with protobuf when
working app bundle in the /Applications directory. If I use "make install", I
*am* able to start ParaView using the "open" command, but then I buy this
convenience with losing the ability to use my own plugins. I don't know if this
makes a difference or not - as far as I understand from the ParaView build
wiki, I should be able to use ParaView without using "make install"