Hi Yoshimi,

The Clean to Grid filter internally invokes vtkCleanUnstructuredGrid
which can merge duplicate points, but they need to have coincident
coordinates. In contrast, very old versions of ParaView also merged very
close points, but that is not true any more, see closed issue
http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=9728

It is actually very simple to derive a (c++-based) plugin from
vtkCleanUnstructuredGrid that provides a filter that merges points
within a distance of less than a (configurable) fraction of the length
of the diagonal of the bounding box of the data set. But in order to be
able to use said plugin you would need to compile ParaView from source.
Not sure whether you would want to go to such lengths.

Sven