I am able to successfully build our Fortran simulation code as well as Catalyst
Fortran example code linked to catalyst (built with superbuild), but the
resulting executable is not static, but have some dependencies on shared
libraries such as libmpichf90_gnu_47.so.1, limxpmem.so.1, etc., which seems to
be resulting from "find_package(MPI)" in CMakeLists.txt that somehow find
shared mpi libraries to link to. This dependencies prevents the executables
from running on Titan compute nodes. Since paraview superbuild cross target can
generate pvserver as well as other executables statically without any
dependencies on other shared libraries, I have been trying to study paraview
superbuild trying to build Catalyst in-situ Fortran example code also
statically without any dependencies, but have not been able to succeed. I guess
one way to do it is to manually specify all those MPI static libraries in
CMake, however, I have not been able to succeed due to so many dependencies of
those MPI libraries. Could anyone advise on how to achieve static linking to
MPI libraries automatically by CMake via find_package(MPI)?

Thanks,
Hong