I am trying to setup a Virtual Box for doing off-screen rendering with
ParaView. I have Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit Server installed in the box. For setting
up ParaView and Mesa I have followed the instructions the links below:
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Users_Guide/Parallel_Rendering#Offscreen_Software_Rendering_via_OSMesa
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/ParaView_And_Mesa_3D
Installation of Mesa completes fine without and errors or warnings but when I
try to build ParaView and try to configure it for off-screen rendering, it
gives an error in the middle of the "make" complaining about missing
"libOSMesa.so". I searched the whole machine but that file is not there. It
seems like it didn't get installed.
Am I supposed to install a library before building Mesa? How can I get that
"libOSMesa.so" installed. Thanks for the help in advance.