Hi,

It looks like there is a bug in the naming of objects when the state is saved
as a python state file.  ParaView appears to parse the guiName given to a
filter to remove special characters when creating the name for objects in the
state file.  In my case, I create two contour filters, one with a positive
value, one with the negative of the same value.  In the pipeline browser in the
GUI, I name each contour filter with its value so that I can remember which one
is which.  When I save the state ParaView filters out the minus sign, and both
objects end up with the same name.  Subsequently, only the second to be defined
can be referenced, and the first is lost, and not added to the renderer.  This
only seems to be a problem when saving as a python state file.  I do not see
this problem when saving and reloading a .pvsm state.

SetActiveSource(Calculator2)
W0_025 = Contour( guiName="W: -0.025", Isosurfaces=[-0.025], ComputeNormals=1,
GenerateTriangles=1, ComputeGradients=0, ComputeScalars=0, ContourBy=['POINTS',
'W'], PointMergeMethod="Uniform Binning" )
W0_025.PointMergeMethod.Numberofpointsperbucket = 8
W0_025.PointMergeMethod.Divisions = [50, 50, 50]

SetActiveSource(Calculator2)
W0_025 = Contour( guiName="W: 0.025", Isosurfaces=[0.025], ComputeNormals=1,
GenerateTriangles=1, ComputeGradients=0, ComputeScalars=0, ContourBy=['POINTS',
'W'], PointMergeMethod="Uniform Binning" )
W0_025.PointMergeMethod.Numberofpointsperbucket = 8
W0_025.PointMergeMethod.Divisions = [50, 50, 50]

This was easy enough to fix in the resulting script by just renaming the object
that had the minus sigh dropped, but wanted to share in case others ran into
similar issues.

Thanks,
joe