Hi,

I am guessing that there must be a trivial way of doing this, but I have yet to
discover exactly how.  I have a python script that I pass to pvbatch, which
includes a ProgrammableFilter.  I originally generated this from the GUI, where
I could fairly easily edit the script of the ProgrammableFilter in the text box
on the GUI.  After saving this as a python state file, the script of the
Programmable filter becomes one big long string with "\n" characters rather
than actual carriage returns.  Which makes sense, but makes the script terribly
difficult to parse and edit.  So, my question is, can I create the script of
the Programmable filter as a separate python script, and then just give the
Programmable filter the path to this external python script?

Thanks,
joe