From: paraview-boun...@paraview.org [mailto:paraview-boun...@paraview.org] On
Behalf Of Fabian, Nathan
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 3:59 PM
To: paraview@paraview.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Paraview] Client/Server connection problems

Hi,

I've been trying to figure this one out for a few days and I'm finally giving
in for help.

I've got a code base on my server that should be a duplicate of the one on my
desktop, built differently.  In one case I did pulls from master at the same
time.  I've more recently just tried pulling directly from my desktop and
building clean on both.  I've also tried disabling MPI on the desktop side and
connecting without MPI on the server side.

Still I'm getting the following message when trying to reverse connect:

ERROR: In
/projects/coprocessing/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Core/vtkTCPNe
tworkAccessManager.cxx, line 330
vtkTCPNetworkAccessManager (0x135a3150): Failed to connect to
xyz.sandia.gov:11111. Client-Server Handshake failed. Please verify that the
client and server versions are compatible with each other, and that
'connect-id', if any, matches.

And then each attempt to connect gives this on the desktop:

Accepting connection(s): xyz.sandia.gov:11111

Evidence that some sort of communication has worked.  This has worked with
master builds in the past.  I'm not sure what I changed, but there's
plenty I have that may have influenced this.

Any suggestions on where to start looking?

Thanks,
Nathan.