Hello.

For the first issue, I don't know.

For the second issue, the Gouraud lighting is active only on surface with normals. Paraview considers data as 3D volume, even if you are reading surface data. So, you have to use the "Extract Surface" filter, then the "Generate Surface Normals" fiter. Gouraud lighting would be applied on the "Generate Surface Normals" object.
1.       Inconsistent rendered images between still and interactive as shown
in the first two pictures. It should be showing the muscle blockset during
interaction instead of the skeletal blockset. It appears that last known
render is still presiding in the memory during interaction. How can I flush
it?

2.       Inconsistent lighting effect on different objects as depicted in
the last image. Changing from Flat to Gouraud does not affecting the left
side object, it still would apply Flat lighting, which in turn causing it to
appear pixelated.  How do I remedy this?

--
 Richard GRENON
 ONERA