I believe the reader is missing the BlankCells(
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkAMRUtilities.html#a6656bada8c6d01b43e15299567af7657)
call. If I remember correctly, the blanking cells generated
by vtkImageToAMR.cxx get lost when the data is saved to disk (since we
don't have a "true" vtkUniformGrid writer, we just write it out as
vtkImageData in the vth writer. As a result the blanking arrays need to
recomputed on reading back in.

Mind reporting a bug for this? Thanks.

Utkarsh

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Henry Lehmann <