Marco and Utkarsh, Thank you!

I just installed ParaView on a different computer. On this computer I get no problems with the surface+edges mode. I did not think that it could be a problem related to the hardware/driver since the structured grid is more or less quite simple. The problem arise on my laptop with a Nvidia Quadro FX 770M. I am trying to update the graphics card driver first.

Michael