Hi,
I'm writing a python script for the Programmable Filter of ParaView to
do some analysis on my simulation results. The simulations results are
transient and hence the analysis has to be done over time steps (perhaps
similar to integrate over time filter). All bits of my script are
working fine. However, after spending a considerable amount of time on
fiddling with the script, googling, reading mailing lists and the VTK
documentation, I haven't found a way to "loop over time steps AND update
the input" from within the script. I can loop over time steps using:

    from vtk import vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline
    for time in outInfo.Get(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline.TIME_STEPS()):
        #Perform some analysis, for instance subtracting value_v for
    this time from value_v at time zero...

However, the input data is still from the time step where I first
applied the script. Of course, when I animate the results, the inputs
will be updated, but I will need to achieve the same results from within
my script in the Programmable Filter dialogue.

How can I update the inputs from within my for loop or how can I modify
the for loop or my script to achieve that? Can Programmable Filter
handle my situation? If not, what is the alternative?

Many thanks,
Omid