The most transparent you can make a cell is to just remove it.  Try using the
threshold filter, and threshold on damage?

Alan

From: ParaView [mailto:paraview-boun...@paraview.org] On Behalf Of Colin
McAuliffe
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2015 5:03 PM
To: ParaView
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Paraview] Opacity functions

Hi all, I would like to make some areas appear transparent depending on a
threshold value of a damage parameter. This is no problem if the plot is
colored by the damage parameter. However, I am wondering if it is possible to
have the opacity set by the damage parameter while the plot is colored by some
other field. Is this sort of thing possible to do in paraview? Thanks, Colin