> Remember that image data and rectilinear grids don't explicitly store point
> locations. Can the cut filter be used instead? He can do the crinkle cut if
> he wants the entire cell.

Now that we have data array subclasses that provide only iterator-based access,
it might be a good idea to revisit this decision. It would be easy to create
new arrays that present just one component of explicit coordinates or to
present implicit coordinates without allocating memory. It certainly would make
a lot of things easier.

        David