Jesse,

Delete is typically greyed out when there's a filter connected to that
particular source/filter. You need to delete all downstream stream filters
before you can delete the active one. In other words, you cannot delete a
filter/source in the middle of a pipeline. You can only delete the "sinks"
or leaves.

Utkarsh