Hi,

I think that I found a bug in the smart volume rendering mode in Paraview 4.4.0 and 4.3.1 (I have not tried with older versions).

My input data is a XDMF file that indexes the data depending on the time step and two binary raw files for each time step that represent the values of two variables (a and b). For the sake of simplicity, this example only has a time step.

If I open the xmdf and visualize the 'a' variable using the smart volume rendering mode, the visualization is wrong (you can see the results in wrong.png). However, the results are ok if I change the volume rendering mode to RayCast (good.png). They are also good If I filter the data associated to the 'b' variable, so It looks like the problem is that the rendering algorithm is not taking into account that I'm not visualizing all the variables. The GPU-based rendering has the same issue.

I tried also with Paraview 5.0.0-RC1. At the beginning I thought it was fixed (both visualizations were not so different) but then I realized that some data was not being printed when I was using the smart algorithm (wrong_5.0.0.png vs good_5.0.0.png).

You can download all the images from the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyl06ur041hvtde/img.tar.gz?dl=0

Best regards,

Sergi