Hi all,

Is there a way to extract a block from a vtkMultiBlockDataSet in Paraview
without using Extract Block > Merge Blocks (which converts the data in an
Unstructured Grid)?

For example, I import EnSight data, which is read in as a
vtkMultiBlockDataSet with a single vtkStructuredGrid block.  A bug prevents
from me from visualizing multi-block dataset with volume rendering, so it
would be nice to extract the structured grid data.  I've tried to do so as
follows in a Programmable Filter:

mbi = self.GetInputDataObject(0,0)
sgo = self.GetStructuredGridOutput()
sgo.DeepCopy(mbi.GetBlock(0))

However, when I apply this filter, there is no output.  There is no visible
object in the render window and there is nothing to inspect in Spreadsheet
View.  But if I print sgo in the Programmable Filter, all the usual
vtkDataObject information is there.

What is happening here, and can I get around it?

Thanks,
Evan Kao