Hi Armin,

I tried your suggestion and set the remote rendering threshold to the maximum
value. This yielded the following error server-side, after which ParaView
seemed to hang forever:

ERROR: In
/dev/shm/domini/ParaView/5.0.1/intel-para-2015.07-OSMesa/ParaView-v5.0.1-source/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkExecutive.cxx,
 line 784
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x8adda30): Algorithm
vtkAppendCompositeDataLeaves(0x8ae4bc0) returned failure for request:
vtkInformation (0x8d42fe0)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 15698004
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA_OBJECT
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0

Warning: In
/dev/shm/domini/ParaView/5.0.1/intel-para-2015.07-OSMesa/ParaView-v5.0.1-source/VTK/Common/DataModel/vtkDataObject.cxx,
 line 522
vtkMultiBlockDataSet (0x8e5f760): Attempted to ShallowCopy from null.

Then I connected to a ParaView server on another host, where I know for sure
that the OpenGL backend is used. Unfortunately, the error with the empty
“Export scene…” results persisted, so it seems like it’s not an issue with
OpenGL2. Any other ideas where this could come from?

Regards,

Michael