> Yep - we built the HPC-side with “OpenGL2” … so does that mean that the
> pre-built Mac/Linux binaries were both built with OpenGL?    Is there some
> way to check to see which OpenGL the client was built with?

The binaries distributed by paraview.org are indeed OpenGL2. The title
bar for ParaView 5.0.1 says "(Legacy Rendering Backend)" when using
"OpenGL". Given the error, I think your server is not built with
OpenGL2, despite your intention. Can you check your CMakeCache.txt on
the server build to confirm?

Utkarsh