Hi Chris,

I believe that you can link against ParaView from a standard Makefile by using
the `paraview-config` executable that gets built when building ParaView. An
example of how to do this is something like this:

ifeq "$(USE_PARAVIEW)" "true"
        PARAVIEW_CONFIG = $(PARAVIEW)/bin/paraview-config
        LIBS += $(shell $(PARAVIEW_CONFIG) --libs --python vtkPVPythonCatalyst
vtkPVServerManagerRendering vtkUtilitiesPythonInitializer) -lparaview
-Lparaview_catalyst/Adaptor-build -lMPASAdaptor
endif

I should mention, it is much easier to use CMake ;)

Sincerely,
T.J.

Thomas J. Corona, Ph.D.
Kitware, Inc.