Just to add what I know that there is already on the Internet regarding ParaView related forums:

1. There are two forums at CFD-Online's Forums (CFD = Computational
   Fluid Dynamics) for discussions about ParaView:
    1. http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-paraview/ - oriented
       towards issues directly related to using ParaView with OpenFOAM
    2. http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/paraview/ - oriented towards
       general questions about using ParaView
2. stackoverflow.com already has several questions there:
   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/paraview
3. The Computational Science group has a few questions there as well:
   http://scicomp.stackexchange.com/search?q=paraview
4. StackExchange should be open to the creation of new groups:
   http://stackexchange.com/

That being said, there is an advantage to the mailing list (although I have trouble with it myself, because I'm more familiar with forums): we don't need to sign-in to a website to answer to questions.

Either way, StackExchange is a group endeavour, so it can be open by anyone to start a group for it! Problem is having enough people joining it.