Hi David,

The trouble happens when ParaView is compiled with VTK_ALL_NEW_OBJECT_FACTORY=ON. It seems there is a naming problem when using factories: the name used in the New method is not the same as the one used in the destructor. One of my colleague fixed it: in VTK/Common/Core, he modified vtkObjectFactory.h and .cxx, vtkPoints.cxx (New method), vtkPoints2D.cxx (New method).
If you are interested, I can send you those 3 files.

Have a good day.

Claire