Thank you for the suggestions Chuck,

I tried the configuration: EL7-OSMesa.cmake  with the edit that you
suggested.

It first failed when I ran: cmake -C
../paraview-superbuild/cmake/sites/EL7-OSMesa.cmake  ../paraview-superbuild/

The error was:

*CMake Error at superbuild/cmake/SuperbuildRevisionMacros.cmake:339
(message):  The 5.2.0-RC4 source selection for paraview does not exist.Call
Stack (most recent call first):  versions.cmake:60
(superbuild_set_selectable_source)  superbuild/CMakeLists.txt:96
(include)-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!*

I took at a look at the EL7-OSMesa.cmake file and it looks like there is a
hardcoded paraview version in there. The option:
set(paraview_SOURCE_SELECTION 5.2.0-RC4 CACHE BOOL "") . I changed it from
5.2.0-RC4 to 5.2.0 and the configuration continued on until it hit another
failure. I changed set(ENABLE_paraviewsdk ON CACHE "")  to
 set(ENABLE_paraviewsdk ON CACHE BOOL "") [note the BOOL], and that seemed
to fix the issue.

Upon doing 'make' the compilation failed in the HDF5 stage with the
following error.

*CMakeFiles/Makefile2:127: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/hdf5.dir/all'
failedgmake[4]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/hdf5.dir/all] Error 2Makefile:149:
recipe for target 'all' failedgmake[3]: *** [all] Error 2CMake Error at
/home/neal/software/ParaView_osMesa_Superbuild/build/superbuild/sb-hdf5-build.cmake:43
(message):  Failed with exit code
2superbuild/CMakeFiles/hdf5.dir/build.make:115: recipe for target
'superbuild/hdf5/stamp/hdf5-build' failedmake[2]: ***
[superbuild/hdf5/stamp/hdf5-build] Error 1CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2399: recipe
for target 'superbuild/CMakeFiles/hdf5.dir/all' failedmake[1]: ***
[superbuild/CMakeFiles/hdf5.dir/all] Error 2Makefile:127: recipe for target
'all' failedmake: *** [all] Error 2*

I'm unsure about how to resolve the failure. I am using cmake-3.6. There is
a version of hdf5 already installed on the system( which h5dump gives:
/usr/lib64/mpi/gcc/openmpi/bin/h5dump ).

Have you ever had issues with the hdf5 compilation of the superbuild?

Thank you,

Christopher Neal
Research Engineer
Streamline Numerics, Inc.