Hi everyone,

I'm using PavaView rendering a dataset which contains 5,000,000 particles. The
output file of each single time step is about 172 MB in size. It takes about
100 seconds to render 9 time steps' data when using a single process,and I
think it is large enough to take the advantage of parallel rendering. However,
it turns out to take almost the same rendering time of single process rendering
when I use "mpirun -np 8 pvserver". The dataset is polydata, so I use D3 filter
to redistribute it among the 8 processes. To my disappointment, it takes almost
3 times of the rendering time of single process rendering! I'm sure there are 8
cores in my rendering server, and the remote render threshold is 20 MB. Could
you tell me why the parallel rendering is so slow and how I can make it faster?
Should'n it be faster than single process rendering? By the way, I'm using
ParaView 4.4.0 and the operating system is CentOS 6.3.