Hi AA,

1) What is the best practice way to change the representation to Volume?
> 2) To get the representation, I first allow paraview to create the object
> and then look for it via its ID. Is there a way to retrieve it by name?

Show() returns the representation object that, if stored, you can use to
set the volume representation:

q = OpenDataFile("someFile.raw")
qDisplay = Show()
qDisplay.SetRepresentationType('Volume')

Chuck Atkins
Staff R&D Engineer, Scientific Computing
Kitware, Inc.