Ah, then you can skip the filter and directly make a vtkUnstructuredGrid
containing only points and VTK_VERTEX cell that index them.

See section 3 of the users guide for details. Somewhere in your adaptor you
will have something like the following:

output = vtk.vtkUnstructuredGrid()
pts = output.GetPoints()
cells = output.GetCells()
for i in particles.len():
  pids = [i]
  pts.InsertNextPoint(next_coordinate)
  cells.InsertNextCell(vtk.VTK_VERTEX, 1, pids)

When you get that working you will want to replace the inserts with direct
memory references to the  possible.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer