From:  Chuck Atkins <chuck.atk...@kitware.com>
Date:  Monday, February 27, 2017 at 9:03 AM
To:  Rick Angelini <richard.c.angelini....@mail.mil>
Cc:  Rick Angelini <rca19_g...@outlook.com>, "paraview@paraview.org"
<paraview@paraview.org>
Subject:  Re: [Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] PVSB on Mac OSX 10.12

Hi Rick,
> When PVSB configures Paraview, it is setting the cmake flag
> VTK_USE_SYSTEM_PNG=ON and it should be OFF.

When using the superbuild, ParaView should always be using a "system" PNG.
The diggerence is whether that will be provided by the OS or the superbuild.
Either way, it's external to the paraview subproject.  Try explicitly
setting -DUSE_SYSTEM_png=OFF when configuring the superbuild.  I'll look
into why the superbuild doesn't properly handle this in the first palce but
explicitl;y setting the option should make your build work.

- Chuck