When using Point Gaussian for a large number of points, with an unsuitably
large Gaussian radius, ParaView becomes unresponsive for a long time before
it finally renders. In ParaView <=5.2, this was a fairly minor annoyance,
the default Gaussian radius was always too high, but you could set the
Gaussian radius to a suitable value before changing to point Gaussian.
However, in ParaView 5.3 it is not possible to change the Gaussian radius
before switching modes. With the default so high we are left waiting a long
time before we are able to do anything again.

My suggestion here is to either revert the behaviour back to 5.2, where the
Gaussian radius could be specified before changing modes. Or (better), set
the default to 0, which still renders the points, but without the massive
lag time.

Regards,
Bruce