All,

Imagine I have a model of a doughnut.   I want to identify rings in the model.
 A ring is a set of elements in an r, z, theta coordinate system which has the
same radius and z_coordinate and only differs in the angular coordinate.  Of
course, since trig functions are used  in calculating the radius, we are not
guaranteed that the radius will be absolutely identical for each element in the
ring.

Is there a clever (as in fast and easy) way to sort out elements belonging to
individual rings and perhaps assign something like a ring number to them so
that a threshold could be used to examine individual rings.   I'm hoping there
is some clever vtk stuff that I'm not familiar with that would help with this.

Thanks for any thoughts

Dennis