Dear members,

I have successfully been able to use ParaView Catalyst to do in-situ
visualization. The data that is generated from my simulation program is
forwarded to ParaView with the use of these so-called 'adaptors'. The API is
very straightforward and it was done easily. However I was wondering if feeding
back data from ParaView into my simulation program through Catalyst is also
possible. In other words can ParaView serve as a (semi) graphical user
interface?

For instance, at some point in the simulation in ParaView I want to change the
size of one of my simulation objects, which in my simulation program is
represented as a private data member of the object's class. So I want to pause
the simulation, select the object and change the value of the object's size. Is
there a way to pipe this data back into the simulation (in-situ) and continue
the simulation?

If the above description is too specific, I would just like to ask if the user
can be interactive with simulation program through ParaView in any way. I can
think of a way of exporting the changed ParaView state to file, parse that in
my simulation program and update the simulation state, but I was wondering if
there is a neater / faster way of doing this.

Best,

Jimmy