Dear Paraviewers,

I found sevral rendering issues in the Streamline Representation plugin. In
order the issue to be reproducible, I followed the "How to test ?" section on
this page
https://blog.kitware.com/new-animated-stream-lines-representation-for-paraview-5-3/.
 In order to see what I'm talking about, one can open Paraview (GUI) tools ->
Python Shell -> run script -> PVstateSurfRepBug.py (I load the plugin in the
script)

1. The streamlines appear in green as default color. If I try to set their
color to white in the GUI it does not work (Gradient proxy -> Coloring -> edit
color map). The user must first set the color as some other preset and then the
GUI sets the DiffuseColor attribute to whatever the user choose.

2. In addition to the gradient filter, if a slice filter is attached to the
wavelet source, even if the streamlines should be displayed (because the slice
plane is behind the streamlines) they do always show. If the representation
type of the slice is Point Gaussian, Surface or Surface with edges, they do not
show but the other representation types work well

3. If I want to record an animation of the streamlines, the "Transparent
Background" option leads to strange animation (with AVI format but not with
OGG/Theora).

Despite these little bugs, I'd like to thank the developpers for this awsome
plugin !! It realy helps to understand and interpret CFD results :)

Kindly,

Lionel Wilhelm
# state file generated using paraview version 5.4.1-RC4

# ----------------------------------------------------------------
# setup views used in the visualization
# ----------------------------------------------------------------

# Load the Streamlines Representation plugin
LoadDistributedPlugin("StreamLinesRepresentation", ns=globals())
Disconnect()
Connect()
#### import the simple module from the paraview
from paraview.simple import *
#### disable automatic camera reset on 'Show'
paraview.simple._DisableFirstRenderCameraReset()

# Create a new 'Render View'
renderView1 = GetActiveViewOrCreate('RenderView')
renderView1.ViewSize = [924, 838]
renderView1.AxesGrid = 'GridAxes3DActor'
renderView1.CenterOfRotation = [0.0, 0.0, -1e-20]
renderView1.StereoType = 0
renderView1.CameraPosition = [0.0, 0.0, 66.92130429902464]
renderView1.CameraFocalPoint = [0.0, 0.0, -1e-20]
renderView1.CameraParallelScale = 17.320508075688775
renderView1.Background = [0.0, 0.0, 0.0]

# ----------------------------------------------------------------
# setup the data processing pipelines
# ----------------------------------------------------------------

# create a new 'Wavelet'
wavelet1 = Wavelet()

# create a new 'Gradient'
gradient1 = Gradient(Input=wavelet1)
gradient1.SelectInputScalars = ['POINTS', 'RTData']

# create a new 'Slice'
slice1 = Slice(Input=wavelet1)
slice1.SliceType = 'Plane'
slice1.SliceOffsetValues = [0.0]

# init the 'Plane' selected for 'SliceType'
slice1.SliceType.Normal = [0.0, 0.0, 1.0]

# ----------------------------------------------------------------
# setup the visualization in view 'renderView1'
# ----------------------------------------------------------------

# show data from gradient1
gradient1Display = Show(gradient1, renderView1)
# trace defaults for the display properties.
gradient1Display.Representation = 'Stream Lines'
gradient1Display.ColorArrayName = ['POINTS', '']
gradient1Display.OSPRayScaleArray = 'RTDataGradient'
gradient1Display.OSPRayScaleFunction = 'PiecewiseFunction'
gradient1Display.SelectOrientationVectors = 'None'
gradient1Display.ScaleFactor = 2.0
gradient1Display.SelectScaleArray = 'RTDataGradient'
gradient1Display.GlyphType = 'Arrow'
gradient1Display.GlyphTableIndexArray = 'RTDataGradient'
gradient1Display.DataAxesGrid = 'GridAxesRepresentation'
gradient1Display.PolarAxes = 'PolarAxesRepresentation'
gradient1Display.ScalarOpacityUnitDistance = 1.7320508075688779
gradient1Display.Slice = 10
gradient1Display.InputVectors = ['POINTS', 'RTDataGradient']
gradient1Display.SelectInputVectors = ['POINTS', 'RTDataGradient']
gradient1Display.WriteLog = ''

# show data from slice1
slice1Display = Show(slice1, renderView1)
# trace defaults for the display properties.
slice1Display.Representation = 'Surface LIC'
slice1Display.ColorArrayName = ['POINTS', '']
slice1Display.OSPRayScaleArray = 'RTData'
slice1Display.OSPRayScaleFunction = 'PiecewiseFunction'
slice1Display.SelectOrientationVectors = 'None'
slice1Display.ScaleFactor = 2.0
slice1Display.SelectScaleArray = 'RTData'
slice1Display.GlyphType = 'Arrow'
slice1Display.GlyphTableIndexArray = 'RTData'
slice1Display.DataAxesGrid = 'GridAxesRepresentation'
slice1Display.PolarAxes = 'PolarAxesRepresentation'
slice1Display.GaussianRadius = 1.0
slice1Display.SetScaleArray = ['POINTS', 'RTData']
slice1Display.ScaleTransferFunction = 'PiecewiseFunction'
slice1Display.OpacityArray = ['POINTS', 'RTData']
slice1Display.OpacityTransferFunction = 'PiecewiseFunction'
slice1Display.InputVectors = [None, '']
slice1Display.SelectInputVectors = [None, '']
slice1Display.StepSize = 0.001
slice1Display.WriteLog = ''

# finally, restore active source
SetActiveSource(None)