Hi,

I am trying to perform volume rendering (VR) using multi-block + multi-piece
dataset. In this case, the data file has single block that contains multiple
piece (created by MPI parallel simulation code) and it is in structured grid.
When I try to use volume rendering with raw data, it creates empty output but
if I use Merge Block filter before using volume rendering, it works without any
problem. So, I have to use Merge Blocks to perform VR. At this point, I just
wonder that is it typical behaviour of ParaView for multi-block + multi-piece
datasets? Is it still possible to perform VR in parallel if I had a multiple
core (such as enabling Auto MPI from the settings)? If not is there any way to
re-structure the data to perform more efficient rendering?

Best Regards,

--ufuk