All,

I have a number of filters that process all the blocks in a multiblock dataset.

If I perform some preliminary processing, such as thresholding, I might end up
with some empty blocks (contain no elements satisfying the Threshold, for
instance)

When I try to process an empty block, it kills Paraview.   I tried testing for
block.GetNumberOfCells()>0,  but calling GetNumberOfCells() on an empty block
seems to kill Paraview all on it's own.

Is there a test I can do to detect an empty block without killing the program?

Thanks
Dennis