Hi Mehmet,

> patchwork.ozlabs.org has been slow for us for some weeks, in a browser
> and through the REST API, and requests often time out.

Particularly over the last week or so there have been some increased
loads, this tends to be the ongoing whack-a-mole situation with scraper
workloads.`

Somewhat coincidentally, this tends to happen while I am travelling. I
have scheduled some time next week to tweak the anubis settings and
connection limits, when I am back at the desk.

> Is this a known load problem on the machine, and is there anything
> users can do to lighten it, for example in how often they poll the
> API?

Legitimate web- and API- uses are only a fraction of the patchwork
workload; the vast majority of problematic load is crawlers. There have
been some cases of high-load actual-user API polling in the past, but
that has been fairly easy to identify and resolve.

Cheers,


Jeremy
_______________________________________________
Patchwork mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ozlabs.org/listinfo/patchwork

Reply via email to