Hello PC Audio pals,
I'm wondering if anyone has considered making this list into an online forum rather
than an e-mail list? I am a regular participant in a forum on Worldcrossing.com and it
is really easy to use and access overall.

The difference is this, for those who aren't familiar with forums: You get on the
Internet and go to the Worldcrossing (or whatever) site. You log in with your name and
password. Then you see a list of ongoing discussion "threads." When you visit a
thread, you can read all the posts or just the new ones since the last time you were
there. You can add your comments or questions and they'll be appended to those already
there. It's easy to start a new thread on a new topic, too. Rather than having many
e-mails a week on the same topics, such as Nero, Archos, mp3, Goldwave, and so on, you
find info on these all neatly grouped together.

Advantages of e-mail lists are: You don't have to "go there," because the messages
just show up in your inbox.

Advantages of online forums: Your e-mail doesn't fill up with dozens of messages on
different topics; serves as a reference body because it collects information grouped
by topics rather than as widely scattered bits and pieces; has a more "community"
feel.

I also think people might get even better answers to their questions there, because 1)
they can sift through the threads to find previous answers to similar questions and 2)
the more knowledgeable folks in the group might be more inclined to answer a question
in depth there than on e-mail, where the question may come up again and again.

Just a thought. Thanks to all the folks here who offer their help to those of us who
need it!
Fred